Friday, February 26, 2010

Today is February 26, 2010. Since December 1st I’ve been speaking to my Christmas Cactus to bloom. This is the only plant I talk to (though it has been proven scientifically to have benefits), but I really wanted to see the blooms this year. Even though Christmas came and went without any blooms I’ve continued to talk to this plant which sits in my study area. This week it is blooming. 2 ½ months late! I must say however, in defense of the “late bloomer” that this week the very things that drove Planet Carol to a complete stop are all rearing their ugly heads. What a beautiful reminder to me that timing doesn’t always accommodate our personal plans when dealing with plants or people yet the outcome can still be wonderful.
All my life trusting Jesus has been second hand nature for me- something very real. Yet I see where I’ve fallen short of the 100% mark as I consider the physical proof of my missing the mark and trying to do it myself or find comfort in places that only provide a temporary fix that actually has a long term affect (isn’t that a clever way to describe a stress eating problem!).

I can picture the Lord speaking to me- saying bloom- you can do it! The cactus will be my hope image as I continue to find my way…………………………………

No comments:

Post a Comment