Monday, February 22, 2010


It is very interesting to me that when we respond to truly stressful situations with emotions that there is some kind of code that makes everyone around uncomfortable. In “Father of the Bride” George admits his daughter comes from a long line of over reactors and over reaction can lead to being wrong. Reaction however is NORMAL! In life are many extremes and usually either end causes a problem. A person who does not ever express emotion may explode one day and the “over-reactor” may be ignored in a moment of true sincere need. Planet Carol has been known to express her opinion quite strongly over the years and hasn’t really had a problem expressing emotions (my friends are laughing), but this past year I swung the pendulum the other way and had nothing to say at all. Understandably people didn’t know how to respond. Though friendship and love stayed true- for a long season people didn’t know what to do with me! Sputtering around in a dense fog was scary and opened the doors to fears I had never faced before. Coming slowly back into the light I am finding a few things to be true as a result of the reconstruction of my planet:

1. I am a better listener- I found out the joy of truly being listened to.
2. Empathy comes easier when an “over-reactor” crosses my path.
3. I am fully convinced that I do not have the answer to another’s problem. We must find those on our own receiving only the input true for our personal quest.
4. Appreciation and gratefulness is flowing out of me daily for God, family, and friends -for with them is where living exists!

Over-reaction undoubtedly will escape from this planet and shoot into the galaxy on occasion in the future. Looking on the bright side- I love fireworks……………………..

No comments:

Post a Comment