Sunday, February 14, 2010

Well it’s Valentine’s Day and you either love it or hate it! I’m a holiday girl and grab almost any excuse to decorate or celebrate, but isn’t it interesting how our culture takes the best (love) but the end result is often the worst (not getting any love) if no one responds on the appointed holiday! Many of us wives/lovers drop hints, make comments to direct a response, or worse case scenario buy our own gift and say, “look what you got me for Valentines Day!” Is life a love game? I think that is a valid consideration. Planet Carol lost touch with who was/wasn’t loving her and has had to learn which rotations in life lead to the safe places where you can “feel the love”.

There have been relationships in life that I have tried to make work over and over, but the end result was deep hurt. I had to shut certain people out of my life when I realized that to return to the relationship again was no different than an abused wife returning to a husband who beats her. That was a dilemma for me for how could I shut someone out and still be a loving person. Call myself a Christian? I’ve come to see that even Jesus said there are times we have to shake the dust off our feet and move on. I love the people. I hate what they are doing. Shutting myself off frees me to move on knowing in my heart I always have and always will love them very much.

Complications like this in life are difficult, but the bottom line has been that I am loveable and though mistreatment happens and there often are times in the orbit of my planet I will be directed to love the unlovable as God Himself provides the grace and mercy to do so- that’s the key. His mercy is for me to- and sometimes His direction is this problem is not yours- I’ve got it- let it go and change course. The universe becomes so beautiful as I depart for a new destination…………………….

No comments:

Post a Comment