Thursday, February 18, 2010



Here it is- “Neva’s Room”! I didn’t mention that one of my dear grandmothers is known for her stacks of clutter. No matter how many times I take a whole day to make it clean and perfect and make a path to walk- within days my office returns to the “Neva Room”. I know where everything is, it’s just that I am easily distracted from one project to another and there are never less than 20 projects going on! My husband rarely enters into this room knowing there is no place there for him and he doesn’t want to be responsible for messing up a special plan hidden in the stacks! The rest of the house is really nice- this is my personal haven for work and play. My daughter hung the word LAUGH in the window to remind me it’s always ok to laugh and be happy no matter the challenge in life. This room contains the heartache as well as the joy of my life so the reminder is welcome!

I was meditating this morning on how a room like this- full of my stuff- is a very alone place. It’s good to have that place, but to live in a place that has no space for another to share is not a good thing. I realized that my planet got stuck in space full of so much stuff weighing it down it could no longer operate. No one could get in because there was no pathway to walk through. As I am heading back out to orbit part of the process has been to clean out the junk that stalled me. That junk includes hurt, loneliness, frustration, disappointment and failure. I have asked the Lord to help me clean up this clutter and make room in my heart. A room prepared for and fit for the King that He is. I want my heart to be so appealing and comfortable that He will never want to leave- but will abide there to teach me and guide me daily. I am laughing knowing He’s actually been in this mess, but as I clean up I am seeing Him more clearly…………………………………

1 comment:

  1. Oh yes, I can identify with Neva's room both literally and spiritually. I too have been confronted with these same issues in the past few years. I know that the Holy Spirit is my Friend that sticks closer than a brother and He has and will continue to rescue me from myself and the messes I make! I am very thankful, too for those friends who have been to me as 'Jesus with skin on' when I have dared to be transparent with them! There have been many times that I have been 'thick skinned' so to speak. Why do I always have to learn the hardway that keeping what needs to be let out in is only to my detriment and steals a blessing from someone who has been equipped to comfort me with the COMFORT that they have been comforted with? I have just read a few of Planet Carol's blogs for the first time and have been blessed greatly by the measure of the wisdom gained through these experiences. Thanks Carol for sharing Jesus with us.

    ReplyDelete