Monday, February 1, 2010


Celebrating 35 years of marriage today! I was the birthday present- a gift that has kept on giving…………. There won’t be a book about how we have all the answers and got it all perfect, but there is a legacy of sincere love and loyalty to each other that continues to be built brick upon brick each year. We are planning a trip sometime this year, but today I sent him to work with the first 10 pieces of a 35 piece puzzle I made for him. That is what I love the most- creating memories with innovative ideas even though as with this one- perhaps on the “cheesy” side when all is said and done It is my happy place.

Someone once told me that I didn’t play enough. I think there is a saying that all work and no play makes for a dull girl. Somewhere in my upbringing, though there was plenty of play that happened, I always felt I had to earn the playtime. It’s true that when I sputtered in space this past year and lost my way I had quit doing the fun things- all serious and all work. Looking back I can see myself trying to earn God’s grace and mercy in the circumstances that engulfed me. That is not the God I serve- His grace and mercy are free and when I quit trying and just allowed myself to receive His grace for myself I started playing again.

Haiti happened. There are murders every day. People everywhere have valid cries for help. I am going to do my part and listen to God with all my heart and hopefully make a difference in the pathway of my life. But I can do it with peace and joy in my heart without apology, for truly I am blessed………………………..

No comments:

Post a Comment