Tuesday, February 16, 2010

Snowed in with the rest of the nation, we decided to play Monopoly with the 2 young seminary students who live with us last night. Everyone knows the fun in the wheeling and dealing that goes on. Fairly early on in the game one of the guys made a deal with me that I would receive free passes the entire game on one set of property I gave him the last card to which resulted in a monopoly. In the fun of the game and teasing (as well as harassment I was taking being the only woman in the group) I totally forgot about the deal. A couple hours later I was paying him the second time for a hotel on this property and we called it quits with him as the winner! A little while later I overheard him laughing with my husband and upon investigation he told me about our deal that he forgot as well- It’s too late they all declared- He had already signed and dated the board as the winner! There will be another time and I will be alert was my declaration to pacify myself in the loss that had been preventable.

As I reflected upon this later I thought of all the things Jesus has promised me and just as my friend would have made good on his promise had I remembered it, Jesus always makes good on His. I realized how much of the time I live my life in distractions and honestly forget the promises of God in the madness of the moment of life. When I remember them the madness can be addressed by speaking the promises as stated in the Word of God and dissipated. As a result all power to attach to my emotions and faith are gone. But undeclared the Word of God is there, is true, has power, but cannot save me in my circumstance. This monopoly game is a reminder that to stay focused on God and His wisdom will result in avoiding being duped unnecessarily in the challenges of life we face………………………..

No comments:

Post a Comment