Monday, March 1, 2010

Ok- so I joined the group “I stay in my pajamas until I absolutely have to get dressed!”


There are positive things- You can do stuff like cleaning, dishes etc and not get your clothes messed up. Reading, writing, creating piano stuff and playing on the computer are in much more comfortable state. Your body can hold the illusion that it is still bedtime and too late for responsibilities. Laying back down remains an option. Now that my friends who have a “real job” are mad at me for even having this option in life let me say there are other things to consider. Pajamas in the daylight could be a sign of loneliness, inability to focus, being too overwhelmed to start what lays before you, and of course the fact that getting dressed may be a challenge as everything seems a bit too tight these days!

For today my advice to myself and others is too lighten up. My husband is convinced the world will end sometime this week perhaps and it is so true the signs of Jesus return are upon us. To live in apathy and ignorance is a waste of the precious gift of life God has given. To live in panic is also a waste. I am in love with Jesus and I want to live each day seeking His guidance and giving all of my energy to getting out of myself so I can be useful to His good purpose. I can’t do it. I love what my daughter said when she called this morning, “Is Grace home?” Yes He is. I am heading to the shower……………

No comments:

Post a Comment