Wednesday, March 31, 2010

There are times it is beyond our reasoning ability to justify the pain of a circumstance and tomorrow is such a day. A daughter of friends has been killed in a motorcycle wreck and it is what it is- horrific. I cannot attend the funeral due to a situation of great pain in our family happening at the same time. All over the world today are families in a similar moment. I think about being out in the ocean watching the sunset several years back pictured above. As beautiful as it was, there was an eerie feeling of being so far out no land was visible causing uneasiness about the immediate future. (This wasn’t a cruise ship!) Even when we know that God’s beautiful presence is there pain can happen. My planet has dealt with uncertainty this past year for the first time ever and I have truly wondered if I would find the ability to go on. In God I am.


It is the week of Passover- soon to be Easter. I pray for my friends and as I gaze at the universe it is comforting to know that for every sunset a sunrise will come just as Jesus rose from the dead. To all of you dealing with pain today- may the joy of resurrection be your hope and strength to go on………

No comments:

Post a Comment