Monday, March 22, 2010

Sometimes it is difficult to focus on what we are seeing. We may stare in curiosity until we get a definition that satisfies us and on we go “with our own interpretation” which of course becomes reality. How surprised I am to find out over and over that what “I thought I saw” was in fact completely wrong! The photo above is a distorted view of the pier in Naples, Florida. Though it appears to be the sunrise here- it is really the sun setting. In my quest to conquer the confusion in my sputtering planet I have discovered several reasons why I am so often wrong.


1. I really don’t care that much about the situation so any interpretation is fine.

2. Busyness of life keeps me from taking the time to truly focus and consider the details.

3. Shocking, but true, my mind was fixed on the answer before I ever looked.

4. Jesus said to esteem others better than yourself- I often haven’t.

5. My picture of who I am is not the perception of those who look at me. I am finding out their perceptions are most often correct.

It is time for new glasses- perhaps a new guidance system can be installed before I engage in any serious journeys in the universe. I’d like to be so controlled by the wisdom of the Holy Spirit that my focus is 20/20. Then I can write about why I am more often on the mark………………………….

No comments:

Post a Comment