Saturday, March 20, 2010

Today is the first day of spring and almost everyone who hears that spoken will smile.  Spring is a very positive word. It brings new beginnings. Children jumping on the bed have become an icon of America and all because of the design using springs! The lady pictured here is my Mom- almost 80 years old, but described as just a “spring chicken” among her peers! What a hope image for us all Flowers fighting through still hard and cold soil bring the hope of a pretty scene. Sighting baby ducks waddling after their Moms in the park thrill us no matter what our age. It is the sign of life going on and the hope of fun being a part of it.

Some of you of course are thinking spring cleaning. I actually offered to help my husband with my official “honey-do” list this morning- it was a moment of spring in my heart- unexpected energy to pursue what I usually choose to ignore! As I work on taxes today (another sign of Spring-ha) I will meditate a favorite verse:

“..those who wait for the Lord (Who expect , look for, and hope in Him) shall change and renew their strength and power; they shall lift their wings and mount up (close to God) as eagles (mount up to the sun); they shall run and not be weary, they shall walk and not faint or become tired.” Isaiah 40: 31. Perhaps some “zing” is returning to this planet….......

No comments:

Post a Comment