Tuesday, December 1, 2009

Who's fault is it? It starts in early childhood when Mom wants to know who drew on the wall with the crayon. She only has a 50/50 chance of getting the right answer. Older brother may blame the baby brother who looks at older sister with his sweet brown eyes. Then sister looks at older brother and senses he is innocent so not being able to bear the thought of baby brother being in trouble takes the blame herself. Or maybe at your house the girls blamed the boys for everything. I need more energy. Who's fault is it that I need to lose weight? My husbands jean size has been 33/33 since the day we married. He makes popcorn every night and eats 4 meals a day. It's his fault! Mom always had sweets and made us clean our plates. It's her fault! My Dad's family tends to be overweight. It's his fault! I have a list of stresses. It's not shorter or longer than yours- it's my very own and very real. As a result I have developed my own "Stress Busters!" Ice cream works really well followed by M&M's, chocolate chip cookies etc..... Taking full responsibility for who I am seems to overwhelming right now. After all I have been taken advantage of, thrown too many hats to wear, suffered loss and deep hurts. Right now as I am writing this I the thought has come to me that perhaps this isn't about who I am, but who I want to be....................

No comments:

Post a Comment