Wednesday, June 2, 2010

Upgrading Planet Carol has required my getting out of the drivers seat. I’ve sat there so long it is perfectly contoured to my body! Who else knows the panel and what buttons to push as I do? Why I can fly without sleep- without thought-without a GPS and then again I’m here- at repair dock. Things I’ve learned outside the driver’s seat include:

1. The wind feels great on my face as my hair flies free (as pictured above).

2. Others have an amazing ability to carry on as if I never existed with comparable results- sometimes much better.

3. There are others who wanted to fly, but because I never let them they didn’t learn.

4. For years others wanted to give me advice to improve my skill, but in my independence I shut them out so they quit trying.

5. Though my relationship with Jesus is real and runs deep I haven’t trusted even Him to drive and thus missed out on the great joy of the ride!

When I was 13 I was playing piano in church. We left that church for awhile, but then returned. One of my friends was not happy about it. She got to play piano while I was gone. We shared after that. Humility isn’t really complicated. It’s clear in Isaiah 26:3, “You will keep in perfect peace him whose mind is steadfast, because he trusts in You.” Simply trusting God every minute and keeping Him in the driver’s seat…………..

1 comment:

  1. Wow Carol! So transparent and beautiful! The repairs are coming along quite nicely I would say! :)

    ReplyDelete