Wednesday, June 23, 2010

“Jesus is all the world to me, my life my hope my all. He is my strength from day to day without Him I would fall…..When I am sad…..He makes me glad….He’s my friend….”


The words of this old song are so true and we do a great injustice to ourselves and to others if we put off on a human what only Jesus can do. I am very guilty of that and as I reflect on my best human friend on her birthday there are thoughts that are very true.

1. Jesus gave her to me years ago.

2. I have leaned on her when I should have leaned on Him.

3. Even so Jesus worked/works through her to bless me often.

4. Though I feel the weaker link, Jesus has been there for her through me.

5. Forever our relationship will be as it has been rooted and founded in our shared love for the Lord.

6. Being a best friend is a covenant that requires unconditional love, mercy, and peace making. It cannot be had without the Lord in the center.

7. Having one is among the most precious pearls of my life!

A very happy birthday to my filled with the Spirit of God girlfriend, who has laughed with me, cried with me, shared every special event of life and has stood with me even when I was a spoiled rotten friend sucking rat! Friends forever……orbiting………..

No comments:

Post a Comment