Monday, May 31, 2010

On a day like today the opinions carried deep in the hearts of mankind swarm and buzz like an attack of locusts on a cornfield. This generation (mine) has enjoyed a land of plenty and opportunity and children still dare to have hope for a future as the picture drawn above by my grandson reflects. Whether or not you hate or love the President is not the real issue. It may be a paradigm shift in our thinking as whole. I’ve recently read two books I highly recommend that have convicted me of the arrogance of our nation and I thought I was a completely non-prejudiced person! These books opened my eyes to how words and actions both may be perceived completely different than I thought I was expressing them.  In many instances the perceiver was right in their evaluation- I was the one who was blind! (The books are “The Same Kind of Different as Me” and “The Poisonwood Bible”).


I love America and do not take for granted that it took sacrifice to become who we are and I salute every person in the armed forces past, present and future who decide risking their lives was/is worth preserving a freedom for the future. Another compelling thought today that no man can deny is that there is a great fight out of our control completely- the disasters happening all over the world at an accelerated pace. We barely start cleanup and restoration and something else hits. Today I will not think about my personal life. I will dare to pray and humble myself and ask God with faith in my heart that His Son did not die in vain to have mercy on a nation that has a group of people who agree- In God We Trust…………….

No comments:

Post a Comment