Wednesday, June 30, 2010

So it has been a few days since I’ve posted life’s progress and though I am unaware of who if anyone is reading this I am driven to move forward and share my life ride- someone might actually relate and be encouraged! God bless you whoever you are!

What amazes me today is that it is still possible to be surprised in life. Just when I am sure there I am fully focused on life the picture becomes blurred like the reflection of something in the water as pictured above. Today I am considering the person(s) whom I have classified and put in “their box”. The box is well defined and thoroughly proven in my contact with them. As a matter of fact I am so sure of the “box” I can tell you how they will react before they do- (like my husband quoting the lines of all Star Trek episodes and movies before they are said!) What is taped can be altered of course in this day of technology, but the tapes and discs we own as well as those we have applied to our minds will always play what they have always played!

Planet Carol recently has seen/heard responses from orbiting family and friends that have surprised her. Most of them have been kinder, more thoughtful or more insightful than what their “box” included, but many are also responses of desperation. Just as the reflection on the water is difficult to define, I find myself unable to decipher who to respond to. My hearts desire is to be on the giving orbit. However to repeatedly hear these cries: “someone take care of me, provide for me, lessen the pressure I bear, share my journey so that I am not alone, stop expecting so much from me, and on the list goes until it is all a blur. It is presently my opinion that hearing God’s voice is not the problem, but my response to His guidance on my journey is becoming distorted. There are some tapes in my brain that need some serious alterations for me to become a healthy helpful loving planet. “To you, O Lord, I lift up my soul (brain): in you I trust, O my God.” Psalm 25:1

1 comment:

  1. If there's anything i can do to help the distortion go away let me know. I'm not God but I'll help anyway I can. Love you, Carol. <3

    ReplyDelete