Monday, June 14, 2010

Almost daily I hear or see tmi (one of many new words used by texters as well as in conversation)- too much information!- and yet the other side is we yearn for the truth about each other- something easily understood and obvious. For example in the photo above is the extreme tmi- who cares what I look like right out of the shower? However there might be a lot of interest in how that can be transformed into someone you might want to look at!


Readers have said to me often they are amazed and blessed by the transparency in my writing that discloses things that no one ever knew about me. I find that intriguing as I have always considered myself a very open person. Thinking about that I realize that I am a selective sharer. I may tell a lot, but only what I want you to know. Only what I think you will respect. Only what I am very sure of and can back myself in. I’ve based that action on the verse “don’t cast your pearls before swine”. Pearls are the things of the heart that make us vulnerable to others. They are not yet ready to leave the shell- still soft and easily harmed which ruins their chances of ever being perfect. They must be protected by the shell until they are hard through and through. Obviously there exists a balance here most of us have yet to discover. The dilemma is that if I give you tmi it is like the little boy who cried wolf so often no one responded when the wolf was really there. If I don’t tell enough I may not be able to get the help I need to get out of the shell and remain hidden-hard- and yet beautiful for no one to enjoy.

Jesus in the only one who can handle we have to say so let’s first turn to Him. In all other communication we can be led by the Holy Spirit- be brave and don’t miss opportunity for quality relationships in this life- be quiet when you know in your heart you are not in a safe place. “And the peace of God, which transcends all understanding, will guard your hearts and your minds in Christ Jesus.” Philippians 4:7…..

1 comment:

  1. I like it...this is great stuff Mrs. Carol!

    ReplyDelete