Tuesday, June 22, 2010

Yes- this is a big week at our house as today is Autumn’s 7th birthday! She is a princess who’s practically perfect in every way! Do you think I might be a bit prejudiced on this issue? I’ve yet to meet a grandma (of little ones anyway-Ha) who wasn’t convinced to her very bones that her children were beyond precious and worth every penny we spend on them whether or not the checks were hot! A grandma’s love is freer than Mom’s as it is usually not a 24/7 involvement- they come and go! I am privileged to be a “local” grandma so I seen mine a lot and they bring much joy into my life- a natural relief for any heaviness on my heart!


What I’ve just described is easy to understand for most of us. It is interesting that it is not so easy to understand that I am Autumn in God’s eyes. He sees me as His princess. There is nothing He wants more than to give to me and bless me in my life. He truly gets joy from His relationship with me. And He is with me 24/7! “Oh Jerusalem, Jerusalem, thou that killest the prophets and stonest them which are sent unto thee, how often would I have gathered thy children together, even as a hen gathereth her chickens under her wings and ye would not!” Matthew 23:37 Princess Planet Carol- not a bad ring to it……………..

No comments:

Post a Comment