Tuesday, September 28, 2010

“What age do you start a child on piano?” is a common question for me to answer. “Am I too old to learn piano?” comes in at a close 2nd. As in most things in life there is not a blanket answer, but my business is called “Happy Music Class” because as a teacher I have but one goal- that every student has a happy experience every lesson. A four year old can enjoy the exploration of the instrument and build a very solid foundation for future performance. Someone 65 can learn enough to play the “old songs” they love so much. In between there is a myriad of students- few who will go on to be concert artists, but many who will play for church, family, and themselves bringing smiles, hope, encouragement, and just plain good old fun to the listeners!


The paragraph above seemed unique to my business until this past year when I became the explorer and listener in my own life. I’ve reviewed a lot about my life and found that what was planted in my mind and heart at a young age has remained with me, but new interests and undeveloped talents still pop out today begging to be taught. Matthew 7:8 declares, “For everyone who asks receives; he who seeks finds; and to him who knocks, the door will be opened.” It is I who choose to rust or shine as Planet Carol. So I will stop and ask; drop and seek; and knock on Jesus door as I roll around putting the fire out!  It’s invigorating at any age to learn………

No comments:

Post a Comment