Monday, January 4, 2010

What do I Really Want and Why?

I want to be left alone and yet I am starving for fellowship.
I want to be healthy and thinner yet I eat what I please.
I want to make a difference in a very nasty overall world, but am not like Jesus and truly not willing to pay any more “prices” to be a part of that.

I want a perfect family to show the world the possibility, so I practice the same unconditional love from the depths of my heart that Jesus has given to me.
I want joy to be part of my world, so I refuse to give any agreement to those who want to rob me of it by focusing on the negative “realities”.
I don’t want to lose another friend, so I hold on tightly whether or not they respond.
I want compassion and affection and appreciation, so I dish it out in cards and hugs and smiles and kind words.


I want mercy because I alone know the insecurities in my heart and the weakness in my soul.
I want love because life is not worth living without it.
I want rest because I am too acquainted with exhaustion.
I want vision and purpose knowing without it I will never be satisfied.

JESUS IS ALL THE WORLD TO ME
By Will L. Thompson

Jesus is all the world to me,
My life, my joy, my all;
He is my strength from day to day
Without Him I would fall.
When I am sad to Him I go,
No other one could love me so;
When I am sad, He makes me glad,
He’s my Friend.

No comments:

Post a Comment