Friday, September 16, 2011

Is there anyone out there having any trouble interpreting this photo?  “Tell me the way to go home…. I’m tired and I want to go to bed!”  Somehow my life has always been my living from event to event.  There have been only rare moments of looking at a blank calendar.  This is a self inflicted addiction.  I’m a holiday girl.  Give me a reason to hang a new wreath, decorate, create an invitation, or slip someone a small gift and I’m on it!  I drive people crazy because I just can’t “not make a big deal” out of everything!  At the same time they love me for it.  So this morning when I really am too tired to function the phrase my best friend and I share comes to mind.  “It’s time to turn the volume down!” The past two days I haven’t wanted to listen to the radio in the car- I needed silence.  A verified cell phone twenty-four seven junkie and I hit the off button for an hour. It was hard- Mom might need me, a daughter is pregnant, business calls!  When I turn it off it always is the moment of emergency and the horror of not being able to find me….. Yes, definitely a personal problem.

I have learned the hard way (getting sick etc…) the world can function just fine without me.  Yet I love being in the middle of it with those I love and care about. Today I see the energizer bunny running from one end of the teeter-totter to the other making it go up and down single-handedly- truly believing that it is important to keep it moving.  “What a fool am I!” and yet kind of cute and funny tooJ  Well, for today I shall give myself a break.  I wouldn’t wish this tired on anyone else so I have decided not to accept it for myself either.  When I asked the children last Sunday how many days it took God to create the earth they all said seven!  I had to repent of not teaching them clearly the example God set for us in the beginning….God created the earth in six days….and on the seventh day He rested, blessed His work, and sanctified it.  I’m just saying I going back to bed……

No comments:

Post a Comment