Friday, September 9, 2011


I have a story to tell.  Some of you are already laughing.  Everyone who knows me prepares themselves to hear a story whenever I appear.  Most of them are pretty interesting and entertaining.  Some are shocking.  I don’t consider any of them irrelevant as they always seem to touch a spot somewhere in the listeners own experiences of life.  On the downside I can be long- winded as one of my daughters will often say, “Get to the point, Mom!”  However, the truth is I have a story to tell that hasn’t been told.  The hesitation to tell it is related to what affect that it might have on the characters.  Though I would certainly not consider myself a private person, I am sensitive and empathetic to the feelings others causing me to not reveal details which makes some of my writing vague to you the reader.  (For all you speculators out there my marriage is in better shape than most people I know!)

I just finished reading “The Help” which is now a movie.  I can honestly say no book has ever impacted me like this one.  Just as the movie “Julie and Julia” inspires us to blog, this book has inspired me to write my story. My story will address completely different facts, but as “The Help” shocking truth.  What we don’t talk about may in fact hold the keys to freedom for many of us. However, sometimes remaining bound in ignorance is more comfortable.   Another excuse is “Problem Pile Up”- a common term these days.  It is exhausting to sort through everything happening to us and attempt to organize ourselves. Actually addressing one or two of our problems to find a solution can be overwhelming!  I have had hour long conversations with family, friends, and newer acquaintances this week that are all stuck in the middle of their problems like a mouse in a maze who can’t find his way out.  With all that going on it is easy to cast aside the story of the deeper issues which have been the most challenging for us to face!  If we do when the story is shared there will be reactions and a price to be paid.  Today I continue to write “Glimpses in My Journey” that I feel are so important to validate. Experiences God meant for us to enjoy, learn from, and feel good about.  For everything there is a time, a season, and then comes change……

No comments:

Post a Comment