Wednesday, October 13, 2010

No writing posted on Finding Planet Carol has elicited the response of posting this photo of the tree in my front yard bursting with the beauty of its fall color. It gave me great pleasure to share this moment with all my friends across town, in other states, and in a few cases across the ocean. Some who responded live in places where the colors of fall never come. Seeing the tree triggered memories of the past or just thoughts of what an amazing world God created. Why are we moved by this single simple image? It has nothing to do with human effort or hard work. It simply is there- a gift from God to be enjoyed. We are drawn to its beauty and like the way it sizzles our emotions as we pause a moment to take it in.

I came upon this scripture below and it has caused me to stop and meditate on this photo. My conclusion is that I have tried to become this tree everyone admires and is drawn to. For as long as I can remember it has been my desire to be someone who encourages others. The problem this verse revealed to me was I was making lots of effort to be something that in reality only God can create. Whether or not someone believes in God- the truth is they are drawn to the tree God made! If I want to be an encourager I must know that anything people are drawn to in me is a result of my allowing God to make me more like Him. The part those who observe my life want is the fruit He has produced! Finding Planet Carol is really Becoming Planet Carol as I allow God to do His creative work in my heart, mind and soul. Let’s tape this one to the computer until we really get it!

“May you always be filled with the fruit of your salvation-
those good things that are produced in your life by Jesus Christ-
for this will bring much glory and praise to God.”
Philippians 1:11 NLT

1 comment: