Tuesday, October 19, 2010

I prayed a stupid prayer today. I don’t even believe in stupid prayers and always tell others no prayer is stupid. Mine was, “Lord, I need your assistance…….” The second the word assistance came out of my mouth I was repenting! That prayer meant I thought I was in charge and would God mind putting on an apron (just as my daughters wore my Mom’s homemade aprons at Christmas) and help me out! What really floored me was that if I prayed it today there is no doubt I have prayed it before. God was good to reveal my error immediately as I have come to know more than ever this past year that what I need is His Lordship; His leadership; His wisdom and guidance. Knowledge about whether or not it is His plan for me to be involved in any given situation! (It was a huge eye opener when I first heard the Lord tell me to walk away from a situation as it was none of my concern!) I used to think being a Christian was responding to every need I saw!


There is a roller coaster ride going on in the minds of many of us who are truly seeking to become one of the planets who stay the course and not stray from our God given rotation.  Every time we stray causes upset in an otherwise ordered stable universe. The question making us dizzy is this.  “Am I a worm or a son/daughter of God?” Amazingly I find there is a simple explanation. If I walk in my own strength I am a worm to be eaten or crushed. If I walk in the knowledge that He has saved me, forgiven my sins, filled me with His Holy Spirit and covered me with His blood shed for my salvation I am His son/daughter! Then I will pray, “Lead me Father and I will follow. Nothing is too hard for You!” This is the mindset that has stretched my roller coaster ride from end to end and made it a highway of grace and mercy!

No comments:

Post a Comment