Wednesday, May 5, 2010

Crowded around a computer watching a 4x6 streaming graduation was the only choice and we did it- for 2 hours! May is always inundated with showers, weddings and graduations and there is no way to do it all -so traveling to Tulsa was just not an option. This graduate, a sweetheart of a girl who we claim officially as our niece (though there is technically no relation) and our grandchildren add to their family member list, was really important. We actually had a better view than those attending.

Especially in our world of technology, a few phone calls to “Tech” friends can put us in touch with most anything we want. It is true we will find a way to do what we really want to do- even if it is uncomfortable having a 6 & 8 year old crawling all over you and your husband saying “shush” every 3 ½ minutes and giving you the “do they have to be in here” glare the whole time! Grandmothers know when the children are really interested even if they can’t sit still.

We put up with inconvenience when it is in our hearts to do it. I went once to the nose bleed screaming section at a U of L Basketball game and that will last me a lifetime! My husband and son- in- law hold season tickets and as busy as they are never miss a game!

Sitting in repair dock I hear myself saying things I mean sincerely, but yet don’t accept the inconveniences that taking action holds. Does it mean I am not sincere? Some people say you have to hit rock bottom- that didn’t work for me! Somewhere in true victory in life there is a balance of desire, motivation, and yes obedience! It isn’t all fun and that seems to be the prevailing belief in the universe- if it’s not fun I’m not doing it!

James 1:12 NM “Blessed is the man who perseveres under trial, because when he has stood the test, he will receive the crown of life that God has promised to those who love him.” I wouldn’t trade those 2 hours at the computer for anything- the real fun is in the shared experience texting back and forth with a graduate 10 hours away and that is the memory I will cherish. I am going to take a harder look at what I am saying I want- perhaps now is the time to pay the price to get it………………….

No comments:

Post a Comment