Thursday, May 6, 2010

How we feel about it doesn’t matter. America loves movies! I do my part by paying the monthly fee to have them delivered conveniently to my front door. After viewing each film I just mail it back or if I want an instant second feature I can return it to a local store and get a free movie from them. Sometimes I get on a roll and sometimes I pay the fee and don’t watch anything all month! Either way I love it and won’t give it up. However, recently I’ve received a couple of bad discs. The last one came from the local store. Both my husband and I tried a couple times to get it to work, but in vain. In a very kind way I told the store manager of my frustration and that perhaps I should look at another company to rent from. He took the disc from me and kindly asked, “Do you have a blu-ray player?”


My admiration is high for all you technological people out there- I just can’t keep up! This experience caused me to reflect on how many times in life have I tried to make something work that simply wasn’t designed to operate on that machine or in that way.  It was interesting to me that my first reaction was to blame the company and not to check whether or not I had made an error of some kind. That reflection revealed a pattern that definitely has caused me to get off my orbit and start running into things sometimes resulting serious damage. From now on perhaps checking the details of what I am doing more carefully or seeking wisdom from the appropriate place (DVD cover, etc..) may save energy for attacking the real challenges we face. . “....grow in grace and knowledge of our Lord and Savior Jesus Christ….” 2 Peter 3:18……..

No comments:

Post a Comment