Wednesday, April 28, 2010

It wasn’t just any pack of corn. It wasn’t the store brand. It was gourmet corn with a special sauce. How dare I use it as an ice pack on my aching back! It wasn’t just a comment. He walked in and out of the room 3 times waving his arms using a raised voice. He really wanted to eat that corn and I had ruined it! And to top it off it cost $2.99!!!!! I couldn’t be serious about this and yes I was laughing at him. Good grief here’s $10 go buy 3 packages!


When all it takes is a $2.99 package of corn to set us off life it too serious- we are living under too much stress. Neither our minds nor our bodies were created to live in such a fragile state of emotions. Yet we all have our bag of corn and God help the person who messes with it! Usually we are not aware of what the bag of corn is. It just pops up and we react! It’s never the corn that is the problem of course. It’s the deeper things we don’t talk about or don’t want others to know about- but mess with the corn and trust me everyone knows there is a problem here!

Yesterday I suggested in my blog that I wanted to spend more time getting to know you- whoever you are. It has occurred to me that there are those of us who are not really willing to share who we really are most of the time. We just want you to believe what we think we are portraying to you and then the corn shows up. It is embarrassing and virtually impossible to try to explain a blow up over $2.99 corn. What follows next is a discussion of the reality of what is upsetting or walking away and returning later as if nothing ever happened unwilling to be that transparent about who we are.

Jesus is with us always. Happy, excited, sad, angry, or out of control over the corn. True repair comes when I look for Him in the moment and receive whatever wisdom He may have for me right then. It is the layers of ignoring being out of control over and over that put me here. It’s ok if it takes time to peal them off- my happy planet will be overjoyed……………………

No comments:

Post a Comment