Tuesday, April 27, 2010

Determined to get the perfect shot Planet Carol has gotten many groans from family planet members as well as a few rotten tomatoes tossed her way! I usually take about 6 shots hoping for one that is just right- as in the photo above. For me it is like trying to make a puzzle piece fit where it just doesn’t go if I have to settle for less than I know is truly possible. Such perfectionism causes many malfunctions in life. Energy designed for other purposes is used up and guess what I’ve discovered:


1. No one else cares if the shot is perfect.

2. Though others may enjoy the photo momentarily it will eventually be lost in the 100 boxes of pictures or CD’s.

3. You will be asked for a picture of something 10 years after an event and will be expected to produce it. Even after you search all day it may be the one shot you never took.

Today I will be more selective about how much time and energy to give to the current project. (It isn’t possible for me to life without a couple going!) However, in the end of life do I really want to be remembered as a planet who buzzed the universe annoying others with my busyness? There is more to me than that. As I continue in repair dock I am realizing I would like to know you and share more in the life you live………

No comments:

Post a Comment