Monday, September 10, 2012

Yesterday was an especially great day.  I returned to Children’s Church after the summer off and then physically not being able to be there a couple weeks.  I went home and in comes my sweet grandson who has been in Louisville for a month. We shared a lovely afternoon together.  Though we have played and rocked since his coming there were limitations in what I could do.  That ended yesterday as I slid down on the floor and spent the afternoon face to face with the sweetest bundle of love on earth under the age of nine – I have two big bundles nine and eleven now!  My daughter watched me and after awhile she said, “Mom, that’s why they (the grandchildren) love you.  You give them one hundred percent attention.”  It’s true.  Eleven years ago when my first grandchild was born whenever they were present there was nothing else more important than spend every minute playing with them. 
 
Today my Mom is spending her first birthday in heaven.  I can’t help but think about the fact that God said he created us for His pleasure.  One on one time with Him cannot be replaced by anything on the earth.  He loves to love me with one hundred percent attention just as I do the grandkids.  He is loving Mom today and sharing something way beyond our humanity and the beauty of it is beyond explanation.  I look forward to every minute with the grandchildren and Jesus is there looking forward to every minute we choose to share with Him.  I am not a preacher- just an encourager.  I know that my redeemer lives and talk to Him daily.  He never is too busy to slide right down to my level and share himself with me.  Who wouldn’t want that kind of attention……………………

No comments:

Post a Comment