Tuesday, May 3, 2011


“Oops, sorry” is probably said or heard by each of us on a daily basis.  I will never forget my Dad slipping on the ice carrying one of Mom’s masterpiece cakes to a birthday party and the cake landed upside down.  He just laid there and we were hollering,” Call 911!”  He looked up tears streaming and said “I’m fine, but Mom’s cake is ruined".  My husband was really looking forward to a homemade strawberry pie I’d made for a camping trip with friends.  When my friend went to get it she tripped- sad mad husband lol! Pictured here you can see at the recent wedding of my daughter her niece dropped the petal basket on the way to the door.  The veil became the gathering place to collect them and return them to the basket.  Everyone stayed happy and sweet - such a blessing as the ceremony was already twenty or more minutes late in starting!  Also pictured is the happy ending which there usually is in everyday mishaps.  It has taken an unmentionable number of years for me to become calm in life.  Things are going to happen and truly what is a glass of spilled milk compared to a tornado or tsunami?  What good does it do to yell at all the other drivers on the road who can’t hear you when most of the world is walking?  Many are working jobs and being expected to do the job of 2 or 3 people due to cutbacks and we are impatient with them?  I am guilty of all examples given, but I decided to change course this past year and find myself much more content.  Today I meditated Colossians 3:15 and I share my version here:  

“Let the peace of Christ rule in your planet……you

were called to peace….and be thankful.”

No comments:

Post a Comment