Thursday, May 19, 2011


Been in the driver’s seat- just not this one!  Had I known I was to chauffeur the happy couple to the hotel I might have at least checked it out.  Maybe not.  When all else fails read the directions is a saying my husband would say describes me!  However, I am rarely shy in a challenge. Wipers coming on during the rainless drive and occasional unexplained beeps and buzzes did not deter me from acting out the part as a professional.  I pointed out city sights while following the directions of the backseat drivers and dropped them feigning complete confidence I knew the way home!

 Admittedly not having the ability to say no has pressed me into a counseling session or two (three?)……but when your baby girl says, “Mom, everyone else is busy. Can you drive us to the hotel?”-  at the end of her wedding celebration no is not an option.  As a matter of fact it became an honor- to be with them alone at the end of their special day and continue in the ambiance of the evening will be a precious memory forever!  

However there are some things in life I need to say yes to that do not have the appeal or the immediate gratification of the moment above and I find myself stalling, giving excuses, and even hiding to avoid them.  Saying yes to these things would yield positive results, but far more time and commitment.  It’s the drive thru world and 24 hour grocery I take for granted that makes me lazy.  It’s easier to eat the ice cream, avoid the person annoying me, not discuss the future of my financial world and opt make a card.  I actually address and stamp it knowing the smile it will bring.  I can float in the energy of feeling good about that!  I believe it is called rationalization and I am an expert- superior to anyone I know actually! 

Evidently someone in the area has heard God and the rapture is taking place on Saturday.  Since I personally know Jesus- He is my best friend- then I’ll be gone and for me all is well.  If I am still here Sunday I may need to take a look at saying yes to a few things…..

No comments:

Post a Comment