Friday, August 27, 2010

Our family is very dramatic. We are passionate about life and voices tend to volume up as we share our deep convictions- sometimes about the smallest things! One daughter is quite the stand up comedian and in middle school went on about her dad’s car calling it “the green machine”. With hand gestures and voice changes she described the ride to school. While listening to oldies Dad had the heat blasting and the windows down causing the wind to mess up their hair! We were rolling on the floor, but that is a serious issue for junior high! We have taken on many challenges of which I have written about before and all of my children have traveled abroad not because we had the money- but we raised it working hard. Mark 9: 23 describes us well, “Everything is possible for him who believes”.

What do I believe today? In some ways there is such wonderful satisfaction and love in life. In other ways I am feeling tired and worn out. The world would say “age” is catching up with me. I have decided it is not age- it is a complacent rut I got stuck in. Some of the most significant people in history didn’t even begin the best stories of their legacy until after 60 years old! It’s time for a new beginning! Last year we lost the “family tree” which graced the front yard, housed birds and children, and was in every special family photo! This past week we planted a new tree pictured above with my grandchildren. I have decided starting today to be fresh and grow along with my new tree.

“Blessed is the man who trusts in the Lord, whose confidence is in Him. He will be like a tree planted by the water that sends out it's roots by the stream. It does not fear when heat comes, its leaves are always green. It has no worries in a year of drought and never fails to bear fruit.” Jeremiah 17:7-9 NIV

No comments:

Post a Comment