Wednesday, August 18, 2010

Celebrating my twin girl’s birthday this week has been so much fun. This is what a birthday means to me:


1. Remembrance of the exact moment life (or in this case lives) entered this world.
2. Stories of coping with the new family member.
3. Laughing about the joys this person(s) has brought to my life.
4. Reflecting on the challenges they brought to me and how they molded me into who I am today.
5. Celebrating the relationship that has matured as the years pass.

As you can see we are serious birthday folks at my house! Looking over my list I see something special. Let me write it again for you.

1. Yearly we remember the birth of Christ.
2. Most everyone knows his birth brought huge coping issues for his parents causing them to flee the country.
3. The joy Jesus brought to the earth is told over and over in the friendships and miracles he engaged in.
4. Jesus challenged the people of His day to shift their thinking about God and experience Him for themselves.
5. Today and every day I celebrate with a grateful heart the personal relationship He offered to me that I accepted at 8 years old. It has sweetened so much over these many years…………….

No comments:

Post a Comment