Thursday, November 26, 2009

11.26.09
When you are sitting on the side of the road like a lost pup there is a lot of time for reflection. It see-saws back and forth between "where am I?" to remembrances of where I've been. Thanksgiving has always been my favorite holiday. Even though the trees are bare there are plenty of leaves to walk through- kick around and scrunch beneath your feet. I always feel most like a child again on Thanksgiving. A favorite Aunt of mine and I would sit at the family dessert table loaded with at least 20 different delicacies. We would stay until we had tasted each one. Perhaps that is part of what has been missing and caused me to roam blindly in the universe. I haven't spent enough time in recent years taking time to taste and enjoy both the traditional desserts I love, but the new ones presented to me daily. Happy Thanksgiving! (of course-my grand kids are the picture!)

No comments:

Post a Comment