Friday, November 20, 2009

11.20.09



This is Friday. All new things start on Monday- everybody knows that! But you see I am lost in the universe at the moment. Somewhere this past year the zooming planet Carol that was always in orbit busy busy busy- and happy in the busy- got off track and starting running into meteors, barely escaping deadly collisions with other planets, and eventually ran completely out of energy. I came to a complete stop and found myself drifting in space without identity or purpose. Life that had been exciting and fullfilling became mundane and rote. I decided to get some help when some pieces of my planet began to crumble and fall away. I had never been to a professional counselor before- I had been the counselor in my busy happy world! It was a big step. I did good that first day- even felt a speck of hope. Then I came out of the office, tripped over a landing in the floor ramming the front of my head into the wall which bounced me back causing me to hit the back of my head on the wooden doorframe. I was taken to the emergency room and sent home with pain killers for my concussion. Now I am a planet drifting in pain.......

No comments:

Post a Comment