Wednesday, November 25, 2009

11.25.09

Actually being lost is not new to me. I have lived in the same city for 20 years and still have to call and get help with directions when I venture beyond my usual daily rounds. Once I called my son in law who has lived his whole life here and told him where I was and his first question was are your doors locked and windows up? Followed by - How in the world did you end up there? Don't hang up until I tell you to. I think there may be a GPS headed for my Christmas stocking due to the concern of my family:) When I ponder these moments of being lost there are many emotions that have accompanied the experience. Sometimes a bit of anger or frustration, but never fear, and often a sense of excitement as I am embarking on a new adventure. Then there was the thankfulness for friends and family just a call away always willing to help get me on the right road. I need to think about this- because the realization Planet Carol was lost brought me to a halt. I just pulled over like there was nothing to do but sit on the side of the road like a lost pup....

No comments:

Post a Comment