Wednesday, April 25, 2012


I love new toys!  This morning I played with the photo above.  A beautiful local park ruined by the blurry path.  For some of us it just takes time to learn new technology, but I will get it right one day.  Actually this photo inspired me to research the word blur.  As a noun it means anything indistinct.  As a verb it means to make or become indistinct in shape etc….  Growing up I will never forget a night my Mom was driving us to our kids club in the fog.  At one point the fog was so dense she just stopped the car.  You couldn’t see even an inch!  It was as if we had been swallowed by Karo Syrup!  We sat there for over an hour before glimpses of our surroundings slowly reappeared.  In this case the blur was a noun- everything was indistinct!  Oh wait- it was also a verb- the weather caused the fog which blurred our vision.  I have been thinking about some things in my life that are quite blurry.  My first deduction was that those things were nouns- things I can’t change and simply have to maneuver around for the rest of my life.  Today while playing with my new toy I realized some of them are verbs.  I imagined a child drawing a picture and then deciding they didn’t like it so they take the crayon and scribble it out. I have some things I don’t want to look at so I’ve taken my personal crayon and blurred them out on purpose.  That made my blurs a verb- I am responsible for making them blurry to avoid the confrontation!  Just like a child I’ve walked away from the picture I was drawing and found something else to do- unwilling to try again.
 
The overweight monster is by far the most blinding challenge for me personally.  I have succeeded and failed so many times it is a joke to try again.  I do not want your advice on how to do it!  People bring me articles- I’ve even gotten anonymous letters and emails with unsolicited steps on how to save myself from my body! At this moment what I really don’t want is to author the next bestseller on how I lost 100 pounds!  Can you feel this uncharacteristic frustration- even some anger scribbling out this problem in my life???   Well all this probably means I will be changing my lifestyle of eating tomorrow, but there is so much more to me than this and that is what I want you to see.  Truth be known I believe that is the cry of every person’s heart- please see me for who I really am- look for the good parts rather than just glancing past me because all that is visible to you is the blur that is hiding the real me. Love is the most effective lens cleaner I know.  May you experience love today………..


“For the Spirit God gave us does not make us timid,
but gives us power, love and self-discipline.”
 II Timothy 1:7









No comments:

Post a Comment