Tuesday, January 3, 2012


Opening the time capsule of 2011 brought a wave of wonderment to our hearts as we saw the dreams and hopes expressed by the children one year ago having been fulfilled.  Everything from having my own room- improved reading skills- to becoming wealthy and famous in order to give to the poor- and even getting to bake a cake in a sister’s Easy Bake Oven was read aloud.  In each situation the desire had either manifested or the child had experiences that definitely lead into the direction they were seeking!  As we handed out the slips to write our hopes for this year the children were very private and serious. I can only imagine what they wrote after experiencing God’s faithfulness this year.
 
Jesus loves me this I know.  This simple most profound truth in the universe is the key to life fulfillment- contentment- peace ruling and reigning in our lives.  Believing is my step of faith to walk out each day knowing not only will it be ok- it is already ok!
 
I have been asked what the purpose of this blog truly is.  It is not to preach and I can only apologize to any reader who feels that at any time.  My life as I live it is the only sermon that I have.  Fumbling the ball is something I am more familiar with than touchdowns!    Anyone viewing my plays on any given day of my life sees the real picture -which is all that will be remembered. When I started the blog I was in the most serious depression of my life temporarily disconnected from anything I had ever known.  Over these first two years of writing I have found out many truths about myself and have come to not only accept them, but like Carol the way God likes me.  My children often call me Carol or each other Carol or even my grandchildren Carol when the actions they are observing are unique to me- the Carol they know through and through.  Many of them are not strengths, but I have learned to laugh with them about myself.  Listen more intently to their concerns and suggestions.  I also am listening to comments.  One person commented that the transparency in my writing is what connected them to me and encouraged them to go forward.  It is my desire to define my strengths this year rather than try to always be strong.  Receiving strength from friends and family on this journey has shown me how important it is to know when I am strong and to know when I need your strength to make it….thanks to all of you who are sharing my journey…………

No comments:

Post a Comment