Monday, January 9, 2012


It’s a very good depiction overall drawn from the imagination of my granddaughter.  I don’t think the stuffed animals talked.  I definitely woke up right before hitting the floor and my husband didn’t sleep through it.  My legs are only twenty-six inches long and the bed is 33 inches high.  I’ve jumped in and slid out for years without a mishap.  The bed frame is now gone and the box springs and mattress are quite comfortable on the floor. I should only be in therapy for reinjuring my neck a couple weeks!  The unexplainable can be very frustrating and speculation does not help.  The miracle is no brain damage (at least anything diagnosable) after experiencing the following list in the last ten years:
 

  1. Opening a closet door and having a large heavy metal bowl fall on my head and knock me out.
  2. Slipping on ice landing flat on my back in the driveway and no one home while I shivered awhile in shock.
  3. Moving a shelf and having the small television sitting on the top fall on my head.
  4. Falling on a raised landing in a doctor’s office hitting the front of my head that through the back of my head into a wooden door frame.  (Therapy started here)
  5. Slipping on a wet floor right before a spring piano recital rehearsal and hitting my head on a wall.
  6. Tripping over a metal landing someone had left sticking up and belly-flopping onto a concrete floor.
  7. Falling out of bed……..

I am sure my family might fill in a blank or two that I’ve forgotten. This is a ridiculous list- I really have trouble believing it myself.  I have taped this verse to my computer:

“The Lord will guide you always; He will satisfy your needs…and will strengthen your frame.  You will be like a wee-watered garden, like a spring whose waters never fail.” Isaiah 58:11

 I was asked yesterday, “where in the universe have you been?’ Shopping for a helmet…………..

No comments:

Post a Comment