Tuesday, June 14, 2011


For a full 30 seconds the world stopped as the blend of the fresh picked strawberries and vanilla bean ice cream settled upon my daughter, husband, and my taste buds.  The fresh first fruit of the plants are not in any way comparable to “store fresh”!   We have all grown accustomed to running in and picking something “off the shelf” we no longer expect and in many cases don’t even remember the taste off a fruit or vegetable off the vine as God created it to be.  I am not a vegetarian or health nut in any way, but I do so appreciate anything fresh.  A friend and I were traveling once and stayed in the home of a lady who had just picked corn out of her garden.  My friend ate at least 10 ears she was in such fresh corn heaven!

It is interesting to me that God meant for all of life to be like that.  Moments of refreshing.   Not only did He provide it in food, but also for our minds and spirits.  The moment we understand something that has confused us there is refreshing.  Regularly I have moments just between the Lord and I where I understand what He is saying to me and feel His presence- refreshing!   Corporately as worship takes place during song, prayer or teaching we are refreshed as we experience God and share together.

Today I will look for the refreshments God has for me in the traffic pattern of my day…..




No comments:

Post a Comment