Thursday, January 6, 2011

My tree is still up. Janet had hers down before New Years. Tricia clears the table before you are finished eating. My husband won’t go to bed until the party is cleaned up! I could be called lazy, but I prefer to say that I enjoy the afterglow! Our holiday was extremely busy with lots of company and several events. As fun as they were it left me exhausted. This week as I ease back into normal I am enjoying the tree- the only remaining decoration- as a reminder of all that was experienced in this room. Family we rarely see with adorable growing little ones. Friends choosing to relax for a moment putting aside the great challenges they are facing in their lives. Family all together sharing conversations without having someplace else they are rushing to be. The wonderful Christmas dishes cooked only this time of year, plus homemade desserts (and at our house fresh Belgium Chocolates!) Grandchildren wide eyed with surprise and happiness. Yes- I am a romantic and an optimist. For this reason it is important to plant these special times in my heart for all of life is not wonderful. It seems easier to recall the bad times for most people, so I store up the good memories to remind myself the truth- I am very blessed.

Last week I finished a diary- it is the first one I’ve ever done and took eleven years. It is called a Blessing Diary so the rule is only blessings can be written there. What a pleasure it was to read about the most difficult years of my life in terms of the blessings! I understood completely the wisdom in Philippians 4:8:

“Finally brethren, whatsoever things are true, whatsoever things are honest, whatsoever things are just, whatsoever things are pure, whatsoever things are lovely, whatsoever things are of good report; if there be any virtue, and if there be any praise, think on these things.”

I am looking for a new diary- I highly recommend you get one too!.....................

No comments:

Post a Comment