Thursday, December 9, 2010


“…God has had it with the proud, but takes delight in just plain people…”
I Peter 5:5b Message Bible

Especially during the holidays many people want things to look their best. My husband surprised me with the beautiful greens to enhance the entrance of our home which is also my piano studio! Everyone is enjoying them and they tend to have a voice saying," Come on in -you are welcome here!".  We are just plain people and though we feel enormously blessed with our home and the things we have, our TV screen is only a 27 inch so by America’s standards we come in on the lower half of the income scale! In spite of that all through the years people have enjoyed being in our home. I know the reason is the presence of God dwelling in our house. He is love, peace and joy and you can feel Him here. There is “magic” in the air where Jesus is and people can feel it whether they recognize it as God or not.

Planet Carol of the past worked too hard to make things perfect for everyone around her. I myself missed the point. What blesses others is God himself. Keeping Him in the center of all I do is the only job I have. When the lonely or discouraged person comes it is my being prepared to share His love because I myself have proven His trustworthiness everyday that can bring them help.  It has always been my calling in this life to encourage others, especially those in the body of Christ who are struggling to find their place. We were created to share this life experience together- all those solo flights bumping into things were for naught. I for one am staying hooked into God’s command ready for assignment! Just like Clarence in “It’s a Wonderful Life” I will not for a moment think I know how to do the job, but will be a faithful companion and friend to the one who is searching for their answer gently guiding them to see God whenever I can! My house is decked out as usual this Christmas, but I have allowed others to take over the directing of activities. This Christmas I am concentrating on being healthy, rested, pleasant, and available for the things that are mine to do.  (Happy Birthday Dad- I’ve finally lightened up!)

No comments:

Post a Comment