Tuesday, February 12, 2013


In a world of chocolate boxes, roses, and ridiculously large stuffed pink animals there is something missing.  You will find pressure, obligation, and overindulgence.  You will find rejection, longing, and sarcasm.  You will find overstimulation leading to emotional outbursts.  But more often than not you will not find love.
4 Love is patient, love is kind. It does not envy, it does not boast, it is not proud. 5 It does not dishonor others, it is not self-seeking, it is not easily angered, it keeps no record of wrongs. 6 Love does not delight in evil but rejoices with the truth. 7 It always protects, always trusts, always hopes, always perseveres.8 Love never fails.

I Corinthians 13: 4-8a

My house has flowers celebrating 38 years of marriage.  My grandmother's valentines dating back to the 1800’s are intermixed with Suzy Zoo and homemade grandchildren cards.  I am passing out candy and cards to piano students.  But also here you will find love.  Both my husband and I have invited Jesus to live in our hearts and He has been declared the Lord of our home.  Mind you we are very imperfect ourselves, but what a joy it is to sense the presence of love at any moment we choose to acknowledge He is here.  In my search for Planet Carol I have found one truth indisputable:  without Him (love himself) I am nothing………….
 

 

No comments:

Post a Comment