Saturday, February 11, 2012

  Carried away with my thoughts on Technology
dedicated to
Aunt Joanne

 
Computers, phones, and technical gadgets I am slow to understand
is a problem for my Mom’s generation quickly advancing ahead
I for one count them a joy I don’t know how I ever lived without
I sent my kids across the ocean with only snail mail I read and reread!

Many advances I’ve not even heard of and gifts I’ve received unopened unsure
how to connect up or even operate has caused me to miss out for awhile.
No cell phone for me I remember I said-and now a junkie out of control!
No facebook- again just an ignorant threat- imagine not seeing those smiles.

Most recently my precious grandson born in Brooklyn New York
visits his grandma daily sharing details of his baby life as he grows.
He can smile and coo, look and listen, hold his froggie, even roll on his side
Any time in an instant I have multiple ways to enjoy his sweet shows.

When sister is traveling alone on the road or she wants to check up on me
she forgives that I text, as she prefers calling, but somehow connection occurs.
Losing service definitely divides the helplessly addicted humans from the rest
we cannot stop punching the buttons till full operation is restored for sure.

Texting sweet nieces in states very far away from my own
is easier on their schedules and lets them know that I am here.
For in hard times and good times there are moments to share
my heart can declare when it wants a sincere message of cheer.

A special aunt and a poet- who could write this writ much better
calls often - we talk about life and make each other laugh knowing-
we aren’t really alone whether days are lonely or full of fun things
God gave us connection though miles apart- we keep airwaves flowing!

A best friend forever stays busy twenty-four hours each day
yet she takes a minute to text questions- desires, stories or hopes.
We share in the moment whatever’s happening in our lives
though sometimes it's serious- much more often a funny quote!

Twin daughters that have bonded close to their Mom like super glue
even when around the corner text and call important news or just say hello
For us life is family happily declaring we couldn’t make it without each other
when I drive them crazy and they can hit silent mode they are there- this I know.

Every morning I sense the quiet kiss my husband never fails to leave on my cheek
though I am still dreaming, possibly snoring, hair tousled and snuggled in our bed.
When I arise my coffee and slippers automatically to my computer go for I’m sure
I’ll find the note he sent to me- encouraging- thoughtful- dependable-happy when read.

As I bring this long rambling of technical blessings to your awaited ending
I must mention too- the very important privilege of being your facebook friend.
It’s annoying and wonderful as there is far too much information revealed yet
without pictures, scrabble and words of encouragement at my fingertips- The End!








1 comment:

  1. Mom, I absolutely love this praise poem of our digital lives! You have brilliantly communicated how our lives are knit together and held close with technology. I never would have made it in New York city without my facebook friends and texting capabilities! I thank God everyday for these tools that keep us together even when apart. I think this blog proves more than ever that you are a unique and creative writer....and you should never question your gift:) Love you tons and tons....and I am sure we will blog, facebook, text, and email each other again....some time in the next 5 minutes! Love you.

    ReplyDelete