Wednesday, February 15, 2012


Morning.  It’s a given we will wake up every day.  My husband was born on Ground Hog Day so as usual we watched the movie this year.  Waking up to the same day over and over drives this character to extreme measures to figure out what to do with his life.  I realized today when I woke up a deeper insight in the movie- most of us open our eyes to be immediately reminded of something in our lives we don’t want to face AGAIN! Whether it’s my belly that jiggles like Jell-O, my checkbook that wants to bleed red, an illness or chronic pain, a heartbreak, a recent death- oh my goodness this world is full of trouble!  Before the first yawn is finished I can be robbed of the joy of morning. I for one do not enjoy looking for the same answer day after day and for whatever the reason not finding it.  For all of you who have all the answers and think solving everything is just matter of fact I simply don’t believe that is reality.  Grace and Mercy.  I need it fresh and new every morning!

Failure abounds in humanity.  We all have them.  Strength abounds as well and we all have those.  Receiving that new fresh grace and mercy each day always builds my strengths and fades my failures.  Joy comes in the morning when I do this.  For years I have awakened on my birthday singing “Happy Birthday to Me!”  It is a unique loving God who sings every morning to all who will listen “Good Morning to you!”…………
















No comments:

Post a Comment