Wednesday, October 12, 2011


It is easy for anyone to see what makes my world go round!  Before the end of the year there will be another little one for me to love and enjoy - I am giddy just thinking about it.  This truth causes an element of jealousy in my life leading to occasional friction. I just can’t help making grandchildren the priority trumping all other requests as much as ninety percent of the time.  For ten years they have been the innocent joy, spontaneous fun, unpredictable words, and sincere and heartfelt hugs in the path of my life.  Without a doubt the old adage is true- It is a lot more fun being the grandma!

All grandmas are not like me and I have been criticized for doing too much (most often by those neglected due to their presence) with the kids.  However, I have found Planet Carol and in finding her there have been both strengths to celebrate and weaknesses to mourn.  What is not there is regret.  In all that my journey has been I wouldn’t trade it for anyone I know!  It reflects strongly my imperfections as equally as my passions.  Since there has been no one on earth perfect since Jesus walked it I feel good about being me.  That is the place I have discovered I need to be in order to be able to deal with issues in my life.  Looking in the mirror of my heart and finding I love that person is the only reason to look in the mirror on the wall and deal with the physical person I see.  Jesus loves me this I know.  What started this blog was not only that I had lost touch with who I am- but also the discovery I no longer loved myself.   It takes years for habits to become ingrained- so unlike my normal self that believes for miracles daily- in this place I know I am looking at doing some time……it’s ok…..that is all there is……………

1 comment:

  1. HI Readers. Just wanted to comment on what makes the world go round.... for the mommy. We all need someone to take care of so that we do not become self absorbed. We are blessed to give our lives to eachother. To the moms that have gone before us and to the little ones who come behind.....hugs momma. You have always done well at giving your life and it has made all the difference.

    ReplyDelete