Tuesday, April 19, 2011

YES!


Let me see…..I can….or maybe…and another possibility is…   What a privilege we have been given to be able to make a decision!  Yet, as so many other things in life, we take it for granted that we can and we are- but really am I?  Are you or I truly deciding what we will hear, see, or do today or have the circumstances of life become the dictator to what action we take?   Most of us could fill the blanks in this sentence -“I have been meaning to ___________, but __________.” 

For someone with my personality the big lesson this year has been how to say no and realize everything that crosses my path is not for me to carry.  Interestingly that knowledge in and of itself can become dangerous to our overall well being. The danger is to forget about all the things we can choose to say yes to!  There appears to be more resources on becoming independent than on how to say yes to all the opportunities we have to enrich our lives.  Making life easier for us as an individual is the American Dream.  I have another “Dream”.  The one of becoming all God created me to be.  If Jesus showed me how to get there then there are a lot of yeses to be said.  Yes I will receive the cross.  Yes I will love others.  Yes I will example the truth of God’s Word in my daily living.  Yes I will listen to the voice of the Holy Spirit.  Yes I will praise the name of Jesus!  Yes I will work harder to say no to the things I keep in my personal comfort closet I created to survive areas I have refused to trust God………(yes I just said that in writing)……Yes to the Resurrection of Jesus in all areas of my life.  Has Planet Carol gone off the deep end and become fanatical or is this the simple truth of the gospel?  You decide……………………….




No comments:

Post a Comment