Tuesday, July 20, 2010

Few of us don’t appreciate fully a gorgeous sunset, ocean waves crossing our feet, majestic mountains or a peacock with its feathers fully displayed. At the same time we are horrified by tornados, hurricanes, tsunamis and earthquakes. Both sentences describe nature, but there is a significant difference. One describes things specifically and uniquely created and the other describes results of changes in the earth and atmosphere. Planet Carol is human so created as a specific being, but has been altered by changes in her thinking, emotions, atmospheres and circumstances around her. Daily I am in contact with people who are deeply insecure about themselves and their circumstances and it is very easy to empathize with them in a world that is so unstable. It has been very refreshing to be reminded of two things in our first sessions of Vacation Bible School:

1. I am God’s greatest creation. I can praise Him! Psalm 139:14 says I am remarkably and wonderfully made.


2. God cares about me. I can trust Him no matter what. 1 Peter 5:7 says I can cast all my care up Him because He cares about me.

(Direct quotes from Saddle Ridge Ranch VBS materials I am teaching in the pink cowboy hat!)

I never cease to be amazed by how much I learn when teaching children. There are simply basics and truth that are foundational and sure. Just like a car won’t run without gas in the tank I have often sputtered and spurted instead of operating as I was designed to due to lack of filling my heart and mind with God’s word of truth. In addition I have allowed circumstances to run my thinking instead of directing my own thoughts into the spiritually healthy truth of God’s thoughts. As my planet orbits having accepted repairs that have truly altered me renewing my strength I plan to keep my eyes wide open and watch for distractions and make an immediate decision to steer clear………………….

No comments:

Post a Comment