Tuesday, July 19, 2011


Only in America do we have the hurry- hurry- hurry- rush and wait syndrome.  I used to promote such unhealthy behavior and must apologize to some for pushing too hard.  Digging deeper inside the core of Planet Carol has caused me to try slowing the pace so that I can live with quality memories rather than try to remember what I did!  Sometimes it works.

Recently however, I was up early gathering stuff for Mom, lunch for my grandchildren’s Grandma Camp outing, packages to be mailed, and a few other odds and ends on the errand list.  I was hurrying.  Upon finishing my task of loading everything into the car I checked for phone, keys, sunglasses, drink.  All ready I checked to make sure the door was locked, went quickly down the steps, got in the car and shut the door.  I was sitting in the passenger seat.

There are lots of reactions one might have finding themselves in such a ridiculous position.  I sat there and laughed at myself.  “I can’t believe I just did this!”  “Am I ok?”  “How healthy is my present level of rotation in this planet?”  “Is there anyone anywhere who has done this before me or am I one of a kind?”  Then another thought came.  I realized the anxiousness of not doing everything perfect was still trying to rule my thoughts.  All have sinned and come short of the glory of God.  Our pastor has been preaching "I am not ashamed of the gospel of Christ".  I realized that in addition I am not ashamed I need the gospel of Christ.  I got out of the car to get into the passenger seat knowing one of the 4 angels assigned to my car stood at the driver’s door smiling as I said, “You go first Lord.”……

No comments:

Post a Comment