Monday, March 7, 2011

Today I have to do something humiliating and embarrassing. You know the moment. Something is slowly disintegrating around us and we keep going just hoping against hope that it will miraculously disappear! Then it is on us, trapping us, and giving us no escape except to face it head on! Personally I only like battles I choose to fight. Striking when I want to strike and ignoring what isn’t appealing to deal with. Being forced into a corner cramps my style!

I have a good friend who doesn’t believe in miracles, yet there have been several times she has had to admit an outcome in my life that was not due to my hard work and passion to fix. I do believe in miracles, and because God is so good and merciful He is willing to work one again for me. I don’t deserve it. I am guilty of making some mistakes repeatedly with full knowledge they were not good decisions. Own our body and mind is truly our biggest fight when trying to operate in God’s Holiness!

There is no question I do not stand alone today. All of us who have missed the mark and are facing the consequences of our actions have some verses to stand on today:

“For we do not have a high priest who is unable to sympathize with our weaknesses, but we have one who has been tempted in every way, just as we are, yet was without sin. Let us then approach the throne of grace with confidence, so that we may receive mercy and find grace to help us in our time of need.” Hebrews 4: 15-16

No comments:

Post a Comment